Translation of French Header?

Idées d’animation
Ici vous pouvez trouver et proposer des animations, jeux, idées pour animer un apéro Ḡ1

Translates to (deepl):

Animation ideas
Here you can find and propose animations, games, ideas to liven up an event Ḡ1

This is a straightforward translation. If I didn’t know any better, my assumption is that animation and games refers to cartooning or 3d animation and video games.
When the French say « to animate an idea » they mean to implement/put into effect/perform an idea, correct? (I’m still not 100% sure what the section is for.)

If so, it’s a little funny how an idea is « animated » in French while an idea is executed in English.

Very true. French language is more « picturized » if I may say, maybe that’s why it’s so loved by authors, even foreign ones. A single word may have different meanings : la mer, la mère, la maire, l’amer. That’s why it’s so important to read it.

A common question from my foreigner friends is « how do you know a word is feminine or masculine » and I never found a satisfying answer for that.

Yes, that’s it. « animer » means litteraly « bring to life », from the latin « anima » which means life. So english and french just use an opposite image to say the same thing. It tells a lot about our cultural differences.

1 « J'aime »

In that case, « animation » means more or less « little game », « entertainment ». So, « idées d’animations » would mean « ideas of little games / discussions / explanations » (given the context that was a presentation event about libre currency)

1 « J'aime »