Bonjour from the USA

Sorry in advance if I posted to the wrong category.

Hi,

I found G1 through a web comic artist and the concept of a cryptocurrency with a universal dividend system looked interesting. I’ve been lurking for some time even though most of the community is in France and it’s difficult for me to read the forums. (French is my second language.)

One of the early appeals of cryptocurrency was privacy and how I could use it when I was too young to have a credit card. I do not think I’ll get certified, but I’m tossing my existence out there.

As a side note:

I tried installing a wallet for my desktop, and this is an error I got before I tried installing a chrome extension:

$ cesium
[4611:4611:1204/113148.879037:ERROR:component_loader.cc(165)] Failed to parse extension manifest.
[4632:4632:1204/113148.997659:ERROR:sandbox_linux.cc(371)] InitializeSandbox() called with multiple threads in process gpu-process.
[4632:4632:1204/113149.084519:ERROR:buffer_manager.cc(488)] [.DisplayCompositor]GL ERROR :GL_INVALID_OPERATION : glBufferData: <- error from previous GL command
[INFO]  [desktop] Launching Cesium...	{"debug":false,"menu":false,"sdk":true,"home":"/home/user"}
[ERROR] [desktop] Error while trying to launch Cesium: Cannot read property 'split' of null	TypeError: Cannot read property 'split' of null
    at loadSettings (chrome-extension://eddgpcgfbhhopcmllclnjdoiepjnmnjj/cesium-desktop.js:222:96)
    at startApp (chrome-extension://eddgpcgfbhhopcmllclnjdoiepjnmnjj/cesium-desktop.js:518:5)
    at chrome-extension://eddgpcgfbhhopcmllclnjdoiepjnmnjj/cesium-desktop.js:553:20
3 « J'aime »

Hello,
Did you try firefox with this add-on : https://github.com/duniter/cesium/releases/download/v1.6.7/cesium-v1.6.7-extension-firefox.xpi

To get certifications, you can ask people from Canada here on the forum. There are some people from US, too.

Hi mate,

If you want to safely use cesium on any OS, you can download the web app on https://cesium.app
then lauch « index.html ». It’s located at the bottom of the page « web ».

And you can also find a « gchange » client to avoid web api : GitHub - duniter-gchange/gchange-client: Ğchange client (web and mobile) for market on libre currency

I just installed the chrome extension. To be precise, my web browser is Iridium, but generally I prefer software over browser addons for cryptocurrency wallets.

I live in southwestern United States, which is still far from Canada. The state I live in is rather large. I figure even if there was someone in the same state, it’d still be a long drive to meet them. I supose COVID-19 also complicates that.

1 « J'aime »

Can you give a reference? I’m interested :wink:

Here:

4 « J'aime »

Nice move! But his website is hosting an old-dated solution for payment…

And he don’t use the right form of g-breve.

Anyway, nice to have June on his website!

Ce sujet a été automatiquement fermé après 90 jours. Aucune réponse n’est permise dorénavant.